thealyssum

Alyssa's Bookshelf

I'm Alyssa. My main passion is books and music. I love Ed Sheeran and Doctor Who a little too much.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

EVERYTHING
WAS
ABSOLUTELY
PERFECT!!!!!!!
description

The story not only revolves around love and sappy romances. And that's what I liked about it. It was also about the protagonist, Amy, who had a problem recovering from the tragic death of his dad and the eruption of sorrow that was thrown into the family after the accident, how distant they all become from each other: her brother in a rehab and the misunderstanding with her mother. When suddenly she found comfort from someone special, Roger, a childhood friend of hers. Their roadtrip that was supposed to take them to Connecticut (to Amy's mother), but it ended up in a detour. I was devastated when the book ended because I wanted to know if Roger called Amy and if they did got together in the end. But even though it left me hanging on it was still a satisfying read.

I especially liked the author's play with balancing the right amount of romance and adventures. The blast of emotions that is constantly being thrown at you wasn't what I was expecting how it would be. It was just too much to take. I am so looking forward to read other works of Morgan Matson.