thealyssum

Alyssa's Bookshelf

I'm Alyssa. My main passion is books and music. I love Ed Sheeran and Doctor Who a little too much.

Along for the Ride - Sarah Dessen

Along for the Ride is a story about second chances. Family problems, boy meets girl and then a happily ever after. Typical, but no worries, because Sarah Dessen has got a way of story telling that will surely make you fall in love. All the characters were interesting and each of them has their own personality. I really love Auden's character because I could totally interpret all that's going on inside her head. I like reading through her point of view, understanding her wit and how she think things through.  It has a perfect plotting of the events causing you to not put it down until you've finished reading.

This is my first time reading a Sarah Dessen book and I was precisely engrossed while reading Along for the Ride. Reading her [Sarah Dessen] is like you're lying on a cloud at night watching the moon and stars glimmer, enjoying the quietness and peacefulness, it was such a total comfort. I was blown away by the writing style and how the emotions constantly being thrown at you felt believable. I loved how the ending turned out well for Auden. How she finally got to experience the teenage life she missed out on. Meeting Eli, creating a social bond with her new friends, and how she puts up with her broken family. It was satisfying.

Overall, this book was pretty good. Delightful, sweet and refreshing. That was what I felt while reading Along for the Ride. It's wonderful how the title is fitting to the whole story, I love it. I am so looking forward to reading Sarah Dessen's other works.